I-75 from I-275 to State Road 56 and I-275 from Bearss Avenue to I-75 (widening, resurfacing, and median barrier, completed June 2007)
Financial Project #s 258413, 415203, & 417465
Project Length: 6 miles
Construction Cost: $8.5 million
Contractor: Hubbard Construction Company
Start Date: January 3, 2006
Completed: June 22, 2007
About this Project
The Florida Department of Transportation's contractor widened the southbound lanes of I-75 (adding one travel lane) from just south of State Road 56 to I-275. The project also included milling and resurfacing the northbound and southbound asphalt travel lanes of Interstate 75, from approximately 1/2 mile south of County Line Road (I-275 junction) to approximately 1 mile north of County Line Road (south of State Road 56). These projects are located in Hillsborough and Pasco counties, Florida.
A high tension cable barrier was also installed in the median of I-275 from just north of Bearss Avenue to just south of the I-75 and I-275 apex in Hillsborough County.
A traffic control plan was developed to minimize inconvenience to the traveling public. However, nighttime closures were necessary for mainline travel lanes (see hours below).
Lane Closure Hours
Mainline single lane closures:
* Northbound - 9:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
* Southbound - 8:30 p.m. to 4:30 a.m.
John McShaffrey, APR
Interstate Construction Office
Related Projects (FDOT)
- Other FDOT I-75 Projects
- Other FDOT Hillsborough County Projects
- Other FDOT Pasco County Projects
- Other FDOT Hernando County Projects
- Other FDOT Hillsborough/Pasco County Projects
- Other FDOT Tampa Bay Area: FDOT District 7 Projects
- Other FDOT Hillsborough County/Pasco County Projects
- Other FDOT Pasco/Hernando/Sumter counties Projects
Traffic pacing on I-275 on Skyway Bridge several early mornings
Southbound I-275 Exit to Lois Avenue CLOSED permanently