Interstate 75 from south of I-4 to south of Fowler Avenue (pavement rehabilitation and ramp replacement, completed June 2005)
Financial Project # 258663
Project Length: 4.9 miles
Estimated Construction Cost: $13.6 million
Contractor: Phoenix Construction Services
Start Date: February 2, 2004
Completed: June 13, 2005
About this Project
The Florida Department of Transportation's (FDOT) contractor has completed rehabilitating the concrete travel lanes and ramps of Interstate 75 from south of Interstate 4 to south of Fowler Avenue in Hillsborough County, Florida. This included replacement of the I-75/I-4 ramps and upgrades to the I-75 mainline bridges.
Most of the work was done during night operations to minimize impacts to the motoring public. However, reconstruction of the ramps at the I-4 interchange required extended weekend closures of each ramp. Alternate routes were provided whenever one of these ramps was closed.
Lane closures were restricted to the hours of 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. as needed except for extended ramp closures as described above.
The bridge deck replacement work required the three through-lanes on I-75 in the I-75/I-4 interchange (a distance of about 1 mile) to be reduced to two lanes around-the-clock (using barrier wall). To accelerate the construction process and minimize traffic impacts, the bridge deck replacement was performed in one direction at a time.
The roadway in the project area is a six-lane limited access facility with concrete pavement and an interchange at I-4.
Public & Media Contact
- Detour for closure of northbound I-75 ramp to eastbound I-4
- Detour for closure of northbound I-75 ramp to westbound I-4
- Detour for closure of westbound I-4 ramp to northbound I-75
- Detour for closure of westbound I-4 ramp to northbound/southbound I-75
- Detour for closure of southbound I-75 ramps to eastbound/westbound I-4
- Detour for closure of eastbound I-4 to northbound I-75 ramp
- Detour for closure of ramps from eastbound I-4 to northbound/southbound I-75
Related Projects (FDOT)
- Other FDOT I-75 Projects
- Other FDOT Hillsborough County Projects
- Other FDOT Pasco County Projects
- Other FDOT Hernando County Projects
- Other FDOT Hillsborough/Pasco County Projects
- Other FDOT Tampa Bay Area: FDOT District 7 Projects
- Other FDOT Hillsborough County/Pasco County Projects
- Other FDOT Pasco/Hernando/Sumter counties Projects
Traffic may be detoured off eastbound Selmon Expressway at night
Night lane closures on I-4 between Exits 1 and 3
Day and night lane closures on Selmon Expressway